How do you get rid of ants?

My house is clean and constantly being cleaned, we use terro, we use an ant trap device, we used an ant spray yet they are still coming in and I cant get rid of them....ahhh help!

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 8:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• if you put the ant trap near the ant spray, the spray for whatever reason nocks out the ant traps usefulness. I read that on the back. I actually use borax. it works the best because the ants eat it, take it back to the queen then they are all poisoned and die. I put it under the stove, garbage bins, near the back door where they were getting in, and I tried to follow the trail but it led under the house. But then I found the hole in the front yard and poured more borax down the hole. You get borax in the laundry detergent area. Also wipe the counter tops and floors with vinegar. Stinky yes, but the ants think so too and they will stay away.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Try cucumber slices on the counter tops. Also i've bought the little ant traps by Raid and they worked fairly well.
    kelly32

Answer by kelly32 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I've heard sprinkling salt on their trail works wonders. I've never tried it though.
    elliesmum06

Answer by elliesmum06 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2011