Does your child have to wear a uniform?

If so, how much do you spend on their entire school wardrobe? Are they able to wear any shoes or are those specified as well?

elliesmum06

Asked by elliesmum06 at 9:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes. Khaki or blue pants or shorts and white, blue, or maroon polo. Any shoes are ok (no sandals). Girls can wear skirts and jumpers. My son's father and I usually each buy 3 shirts and 3 pairs of pants and then whatever else as needed. I'd say around $70.00 at the beginning of the year. I like that they wear uniforms though.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No but I wish they did... the school near us does that a friend of mine sends her kids to. Her kids wear school polo's and khaki or navy pants/skirts/jumpers. They can wear any shoes. I don't know how much she spends but I do know she only has about 4 complete outfits for each children.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No. mine don't have to wear uniforms to school. Depends on the teachers really, some don't care what shoes you wear, and some do tell you what kiind of shoes to look for. And yes I pay a bundle for clothes , even if they are on sale;it doesn't seem like theiy are on sale any more.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:19 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am honestly not sure, I checked the website and haven't found any info about it... kinda worried.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• no uniforms here. usually only the private schools around here do. Not sure of the cost.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• We homeschool, so no school uniforms here, but my kids do wear uniforms for scouts. School uniforms aren't usually that much if you don't shop at the more expensive department stores. You can get them at most K-marts and Targets if your school requires them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No, I sure wish they did.

oba

Answer by oba at 9:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• About 70 to a hundred for the pants and short sleeved shirts. 35 for the school hoodie and typically the school will offer "spirit wear" as a way to pay for something else later in the year that is also allowable as a uniform. Any kind of shoes they want. Our system recently "relaxed" the code and my son came home and announced "Guess what? We get to wear stripes next year! Uniforms are great, grab a pair of pants, grab a shirt you're done, no "does it match?"
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My son wears what he wants to school. I usually buy clothes throughout the season instead of stocking up at back to school sales.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No uniforms here
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2011