What do you do for a child that hasn't been in shool for over three(3)months?

A'Syariha hasn't been in school for three(3 )months and two(2)days. Now she has started back and everyday we take her she crys and hollers. She really hates going back to school and we have no clue how to make her enjoy it.

SyaSya

Asked by SyaSya at 9:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in

• how old is she?
    anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 9:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Some children need their mothers. No school, daycare or babysitter is a good substitute. Some children need things at different stages of their lives and depending on the child depends on when that stage is for them. Separation anxiety is not a good thing. It's called anxiety for a reason. Although there are tricks to getting your child to not cry when you drop them off, it's also showing them that the most important thing in their life is leaving them when they need them the most. It creates a distrust in their own feelings.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• How old is she and why wasn't she in school for 3 months? If she is school age, she will just have to adjust. If the mom has to work to support the family and she is in day care, she will get used to it. It will take time and patience but it will happen,

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• The child is two. On the one hand it is a stage that she will eventually outgrow, on the other you don't want to just drop her and leave her and give her a sense of distrust this early on. If you are able to, when you take her back the first couple times stay with her in the classroom/daycare until she calms down and adjusts. Do this over a period of time and leave a little earlier each time as she adjusts to the new surroundings.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My 2nd dd was like this with Kinder. She DID NOT want to stay and did not want us to leave...for a little while the teacher let us stay with her. I enjoyed it and it was only a few days until she was blending right in with other children and having so much fun that she didn't care that we left as long as she knew we would be back to get her from there. It was def seperation anxiety. She was used to being with either me or daddy everyday, or Grandma. It will get better though. See if you can stay for a little bit or for a few days, most kinder teachers have seen this over and over.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh, she's 2yrs..I'm sorry. Even with daycare school...same thing would apply.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• maybe ask for an adult to be1: 1 with her since she is used to this at home. I was so nervous about placing my special needs son in school at 1st I went to school with him all day every day(in the classroom) It was the only way he was going to go
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 7:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• How old is she and why wasn't she in school for 3 months? If she is school age, she will just have to adjust. If the mom has to work to support the family and she is in day care, she will get used to it. It will take time and patience but it will happen; just make sure she knows you will be there after school and that there are alot of fun and interesting things to do and learn in school
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would ask questions.... there may be nothing, but it sounds to me like something happened... maybe someone was mean to her at school, or maybe she just got scared? I would talk to the teacher and see if maybe something happened.... GL!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 10:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011