I can do whatever I want when my kid isn't with me!

That was the statement made by one of the girls from MTV's 16 and Pregnant about her partying. I couldn't help but think, "Are you crazy?" Don't we as moms/parents have a responsibility to our kids to act responsibly even when we are out by ourselves.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 9:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• She is 16.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I think that a mother deserves to have a night out once in awhile.. As long as her child is in safe hands for the night, I see no problem with having a little adult fun.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• But no, not a 16 year old! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yes, moms do have a responsibility to act responsibly whether their child is with them or not. It's not an age thing, I know a 43 year old who still doesn't have it down (and she's raising her 5th child and a her first grandchild).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I don't even want to comment on this one.................
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• well the kid is on a reality show and she is 16. yes she is immature and probably not ready to be a parent. which i think and hope the show teaches but i doubt it does. kids should stay kids not have kids.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree with both of the PPs. As long as the child is cared for and has someone to look after them while Mom nurses a hangover (away from the child) I see no reason why they can't go out and relive their youth or lack there of. That is what babysitters are for and Mom weekends away.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• A little adult fun is one thing. Partying till the crack of dawn and doing drugs is quite another. I think doing anything that could cause you to have your children taken away is irresponsible. Look at jenelle from that show.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• she is also a kid, that she has a baby does not make her an adult. Is high time for them to grow before start having babies to care for. Babies given birth to babies.

oba

Answer by oba at 9:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• First of all, if it is the girl I think that it is she is the most irresponsible "mom" I have ever met (if you can even call her that). There is a reason that kids aren't meant to have kids....they are too immature to handle that situation. Luckily most can learn to grow up when they are put in that situation but not always. I had a friend that got pregnant at 18...on her 21st b-day she couldn't find a babysitter so she brought her baby to a bar and got drunk with her baby right there, she was also letting drunk ppl play with her baby (toss her in the air, ect.)....some ppl just can't let go of that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2011