Husband/kid stories

Soon after my husband and I moved in together I had asked him to take my dd to school since I had to go in before the crack of dawn. I found out months later when he finally told me that he actually forgot her that day. He got in his car and drove down the street where he stopped for coffee. When he got back in his car he saw her carseat and remembered. He went back home and she was still sound asleep in her bed. The place he got coffee at was about half a mile down at the end of our street.

A good friend of mine was watching his baby boy and had all the baby gates up blocking the boy into the living room. The phone rang so he stepped over the kitchen gate to answer it and when he came back...no baby. He searched all over the place for the baby with no luck. The baby wasn't pulling up yet but he checked on the other side of the gate anyway. Just as he stepped back into the living room the family dog came through the doggy door with the baby following him. I still don't think he has told his wife that one.

An old neighbor of mine was left with his little boy and infant daughter when he stepped outside to get something from the car. The little boy locked him out of the house. He banged on the door for quite awhile trying to get the kid to let him in. Not long after that I went outside and saw him trying to get in....I went and got my spare key for him and let him in...(guess he didn't know I had it) He asked me not to tell his wife....about a week later she did the same thing..and asked me not to tell him...to this day I have kept both secrets...

Do you have any stories?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• My father used to coach football for our local park district. My 2 sisters and I would go with and play in the park while they practiced. One night when he came home after practice, my mother looked around and asked my dad "Frank, where are the girls?" He had forgotten the 3 of us at the park, about 3 miles away. We were 7, 6 & 3 at the time. To this day, we never let him forget that! :)
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2011