Boarding a pet

Do you board your pet when you go on vacation? How much does it cost?

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 9:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pets

• i do 2 times durning the summer for the holiday weekends we go camping with friends and no dogs allowed.. i found a great place to board her its a doggie gym they came highly recommended. she needed to be updated on shots and have papers saying so. which is fine. it costs about 150.00 for 3 nights 4 days. she likes it there, other dogs to play with and they give me a doggie report card when i pick her up lol.. sadly a couple months ago a bording place a town away caught on fire and some pets were lost so i did worry but the place i take my dog decided to have there borading place checked out and sent out papers to say it was checked out and theres no flaws in the system ( electrical and stuff ) i rather take my dog but sometimes i cant.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• We board at a woman's house who has a big fenced in yard for the dogs to play in...they are not actually stuck in a kennel. She provides food and grooms the dog before we come to pick him up and she only charges $15 a day!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• He stays with friends but when I boarded in the past it was about 15 a day for my small dog, he had to be current on all shots and flea free. That wasn't a big deal, he was anyway, that was just what we were told.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• We've boarded our dogs a couple of times. We use our vet. They charge about $20/day for our 25lb dog and $25/day for our 40lb dog. I send my own food with them because I do NOT want them being fed Science Diet or some other CRAP food!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It depends on how long we are gone. 3 or 4 days, we'd just have the FIL come over and take care of them...but we have dogs, so that isn't easy having to come over 3-4 times a day to let them out, so if we are gone 5 or more, we board the dogs and have the FIL come and feed the cats, rabbit, fish, frog, and Guinea pig and scoop out the litter boxes.

Where we board, they have nice sized indoor/outdoor runs with a large fenced in area they are let out twice a day for exercise and that's $14/day.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2011