What is your favorite thing about summer vacation with the kids?

I love sleeping in when they let me. I love swimming in the pool with them. I love no schedule and just being able to do as we please. I love no sports so we can relax (only 6 weeks but its the longest period in the yr without them lol). I love taking them to amusement parks, science centers, the movies, to dinner, and playing video games and watching movies with them.
How about you?

Asked by gemgem at 10:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I just love spending time with them. I am one of those moms who misses her kids while they are in school.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Summer Vacations! We love going to the beaches together, we always have so much fun
    AdoreBaby

Answer by AdoreBaby at 10:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Going to see all the museums in the area and listening to their questions and answers for things. I just love how smart they are and it amazes me everyday how much they pick up!

We have swim lessons this summer but i am sure next summer that will be at the top of our list too
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well, I work so I miss them a lot. But, when I am home I love the do nothing schedule. Not having to be to school, no homework, no set bedtime if we are having fun. We have a pool and spend tons of time in it. Nothing as good as a swim tired. You sleep so well after a swim...and are starving lol. I like the fact that we can pop some corn and watch movies etc. Or go for a "pajama run" for ice cream. I love to sit on the porch in the evenings and watch our boys catch fire flys or ride bikes up and down the street. Just that unrushed mode of summer is a blessing. I love having my kids home. I live for Christmas break when school goes back.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Seeing them happy and being abke to feel like a big kid again
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 12:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011