What do you think about the new cigarette labels?

i do not have a link but i saw in the paper today that new cig labels will feature very graphic labels on them. and it will say that cigs can kill you. do you think this well have an impact on the amount of people smoking or do you feel it will not decrease or increase.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 10:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yuck..they are gross.. but I've already heard that people are saving their old packs to put the cigs in.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• People will smoke whether the graphics are there or not.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I do not feel it would increase the smoking population. It is an addiction. they will smoke until they are in the mindset to quit that can take a long time for some people no matter what they are told.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• sadly, it won't stop them..my mom and sister both smoke and I've tried to "educate' them on the dangers and reality of they are killing themselves and it doesn't phase them. They answer like most do that I've talked to..I'm gonna die anyway..
    AdoreBaby

Answer by AdoreBaby at 10:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• people who smoke know what it does to them, but the addiction is too strong for them to care. as an ex-smoker who smoked a pack a day for 9 years, i can honestly say the new labels wouldn't have stopped me. the only thing that can make a person quit is themselves.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If people do not know by now that smoking is bad for their health, these new pictures are not going to do a damn thing. Only a total brain dead idiot would think that inhaling smoke laced with tons of chemicals is a good thing.

I smoke and I have no illusions about it. I like the menthol taste and when they loose that flavor and start tasting like nasty no flavor cigarettes, I will quit. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• *decrease (stupid auto correct)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I have family and friends who have watched their loved ones pass on while fighting lung cancer, and they still smoke. The graphics will have no effect. Heck women still smoke while pregnant. No little picture will stop them.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• ok do you feel it will prevent teens from starting to smoke? i say no. but it might prevent some. it depends on the kid. i do not agree with these labels and i am not a nonsmoker. its not going to make any differance why waste the time and energy.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2011