Are there any groups or resources for single moms considering joining the army?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not sure but if you are single you have to sign your kids over to someone in case of depolyment
    Anonymous

• You DO NOT have to "sign your kids over" in case of deployment. You only have to have a temporary guardianship order in case you are deployed other than that your kids live with you wherever you are as long as families are allowed. My husband signed a guardianship order for his step son to me in case he is deployed, it doesn't mean he is mine or that I can take him from his father. The guardianship order only states that the person of your choosing can enroll the child in school, take them to the doctor, and make decisions for the child while you are not there. You could go to a recruiters office and talk to them about it. I would do it before Obama gets in office though because the enlistment bonuses are going to be going down.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I grew up in a military family. My dad retired as a colonel.

I would live in a homeless shelter or a cardboard box on the side of the road before being a single mom in the military.

I worked in a military day care ("child development center") for about 6 months. Dogs get better treatment at the pound than they do.
    Anonymous