My 2 year old has 2 clogged tear ducts and her outdoor allergies have been making them worse, has anyone else had this problem and if so are there any suggestions on what we can do.

graciegirl1980

Asked by graciegirl1980 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My so son had this and lived with it for 19 years. He then joined the navy and had to get surgery to fix it. Hopefully your little one won't need this. We thought the same thing with his sister,( my daughter) because her eyes would constantly leak, but she just turned 3 and it stopped happening a few months ago.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• it's a very common prodecure for little ones to undergo..very quick too...might be worth looking into.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my ds is 5, he was born with a clogged tear duct...he also had to have surgery to have it fixed. He was 6 months old when he had his surgery. good luck
    Terra24

Answer by Terra24 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well our 5 mo had it right after pink eye, doctor just had us pat around her eye with a warm damp washcloth and it worked
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• not instantly, but after about it week she was good
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Warm wet washcloth, applied to the area..... GL!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 7:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011