Does anyone else here have naturally lumpy breasts?

If so, how are we supposed to look for lumps in our breasts? I was thinking the other day of how I should be doing self breast exams often, but then realized that there are tiny lumps everywhere, which I've already been told are completely normal. I've also been told that they can come and go depending upon your menstrual cycle. So my question is...how am I supposed to tell what is normal compared to something I should be concerned about?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Health

• yes I do...my doctor has said so..he said just look for changes in those lumps and bumps...they do get more lumpy when Im getting close to my period. just look for different for your normal is that makes sense.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My friend has cystic breasts. I think she spoke to her dr. about the best way to check for abnormal lumps. You should ask your dr. to be sure
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• great question!!
    i had to go to the breast health center because i have a lump that is almost 2 inches long,its oddly shaped and they dont like the way it looks....but yet they told me its normal and that i need to come back in 6 months....i wish i knew the difference between a breast lump and breast cancer lumps......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2011