what is a good type of breast pump?

talin2

Asked by talin2 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I believe mine was called "Medula" brand. I think it is personal preference...just do yourself a favor and get an automatic one...those hand pumps will give ya a work out ...when you really don't need one. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I love my Lansinoh.
    Anonymous

• They say Medelas are the closest to using a hospital grade. I never bought a pump. I rented a hospital grade until I became a SAHM.
    HannahEsmommy

Answer by HannahEsmommy at 1:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I love love love my Medela!
    tngal

Answer by tngal at 1:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Medela was the best for me. Just as good as the one I used in the hospital. And yes, an automatic pump is a must! The Medela pump can be a little expensive so depending on how long and how often you plan on pumping you may want to compare the price of buying vs. renting a hospital one to see which is more cost-effective for your needs.
    cmjh4-ever

Answer by cmjh4-ever at 1:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It really depends on what you need it for. If you will be pumping just to be able to go out sometimes or have milk for emergencies then a small manual pump (like the Medela Harmony) would probably be good. If you plan to work full-time or exclusively pump then you need a hospital grade pump or a dependable and quality double electric like the Medela Pump In Style or the Ameda Purely Yours. If you'll be doing something inbetween then a single electric is probably fine, or either a manual or double electric.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My hospital and WIC recommended the Medela double electric breast pump to me - also the travel one.
    Sophiasmom119

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Just dont use the ones made by formula companies - I was told they are designed to fail and dont work as well.
    Anonymous

• medela pump-in-style.. its spendy though :\
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 4:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I love my Medela also. There are some online companies that sell them NEW at very good prices. Just Google Medela pump sales!!!
    jojomomuv

Answer by jojomomuv at 6:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008