Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps


How can you get information on our kids if they have been in Forster for a while.I have a cpscase. I was about 21year at time. I am 40 year old now.I left to got my right go. I have see 5 time once. I would to see them again before I die. There are all grown now. Need help location kids name kiahia dersiee Bennett ( 3-21-91.victor Martin 5-26-94 .deshawn. montle Martin 12-3-96.

Answer Question

Asked by kishianenn at 11:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Adoption

Level 2 (12 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • they may have different names now.. talk to the adoption agency you took them to.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • I do not fully understand the question but if you are looking for your children you may need to hire a private detective. There are a few website that help as well. I do not know them.. . You would have to google it.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 11:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • Have do that: question. How to get in touch with the CPA office. About a case that heppend in 2000.did you if the CPs officer will let you know if she can come home if she hasn't not yet get adopted out.

    Comment by kishianenn (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • I don't think its wise, (or safe) to post the childrens names and dobs in a public forum.

    Answer by adopteeme at 6:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • I agree with adopteeme, it is not safe, nor wise, to post full names and dates of birth on a public forum. I suppose you could hire a private detective, or even try contacting the children's social worker.

    Answer by asmcbride at 10:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • It's highly unlikely that the children are still in the system - they've most likely been adopted. BUT if they have not and, as you stated, your rights were terminated, then CPS cannot and will not give you information. BUT if you'll call that CPS office and inquire about registering to reunite, if your children are ever seeking you - you would be contacted. I probably would not hire a PI or anything like that because if your rights were removed, then you could end up in a situation that you really don't want to be in.

    As others have stated, it would be a wise idea to remove their full names and dates of birth just to protect your children.

    Best of luck to you :)

    Answer by AAAMama at 11:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • Your numbers are not quite adding up. By your dates these children are 15, 17 & 20. They are not all adults. You say you were 21 and are now 40 and the case took place in 2000. Again that makes you 32 and not 40. Something doesn't ring true with this in my book.

    If this is an honest question then you need to talk to CPS and give them your info. They keep it on file and when they turn 18 they have the choice to look you up or not.

    Answer by baconbits at 4:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • OP-Can you clarify what the 2000 CPS case was regarding, or WHO it was regarding?

    Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

  • The best thing to do is to let them live their lives. It would be cruel to intrude upon them at this point.

    Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 11:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

  • Contact social security if you can and write them a letter if you still have their socials....

    Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.