Question for so cal gals that go to the mid-west in the summer... maybe east coast too.

Im trying to figure out if this is unique to my family (perhaps a weight issue) or if this is common for all so cal gals who visit the mid west in the summer....

I HAVE to bring a sweater and my winter jammies when I go to the mid-west during the summer. My mid-west family cranks up the air-conditioning SO high that I freeze. Im wondering if it is unique to them due to their weight issues or if this is common practice to have the air on SO high because of the humidity.

btw... if I go during the winter I have to bring tank tops.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Travel

• No, it's the heat and humidity.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I used to live in So Cal, and I'm married and live in IL now. I'm 280 and 5'11" and I wear flip flops all year round...even in below 0 weather. I crank the AC up because of the heat and humidity, and I get cold because I've found for me personally, if when it's 80+ outside it has to be 70 or lower to feel comfortable in the house. If it's below 80 then I don't have to have it running at all. When it gets below 40 outside then the heat has to be at 75 to combat the cold and I lounge around.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• BeachyBabe... thanks for your honesty.
    When you lived in so. cal. did you find the same need for the a/c?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It's heat/humidity.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Do you truly believe everyone who lives in the mid west has a weight problem?

If I'm leaving my house I always have on long pants and take a sweater because to me 72 degrees is too cold and that is what most businesses have their thermostats set at.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2011