Question on missed pills??

ok I have a 8month old daughter and breastfeeding/pumping during the day I take a pill that works with the breastfeeding they said once she starts solids i'll get my period back since she wont depend on me as much, I dont have insurace till february I try to keep up with taking them on time and everyday BUT I've missed a few last night my husband asked me if i was pregnant quickly I said NO but this morning I noticed a missed two pills I've missed a few a couple times every now and then, IF I am pregnant would taking the pill hurt since i dont have a missed period to go by since I havent had one in 8 months????

MonicaGreer21

Asked by MonicaGreer21 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you think you are pregnant, then you need to stop taking the pill. You need to get a test and take it or go to your dr. There are other forms of birth control where you don't have to worry about taking a pill everyday at the same time.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i plan on changing birth control but since i breastfeed this one works with that plus can't afford insurance to pay for another form of birth control is our problem
    MonicaGreer21

Answer by MonicaGreer21 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• yeah the pill would hurt your baby if you were pregnant. you need to find out if you are or not
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 11:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• The kind of pill you are on had to be taken every day within an hour or two of the same time. If you have been missing by a few hours and then a few pills you are not protected. It is entirely possible that you are pregnant and you should definately take a test as soon as possible because it's very harmful to your baby (if there is a baby).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Actually, Your baby is fine. Your body produces the hormones that are in birth control naturally, birth control just gives you a higher dose of them in most instances. You're probably taking the mini pill which is progesterone only. You need to have no unprotected intercourse for 2 weeks then take a pregnancy test and if its negative, restart your birth control and use a condom back up method for a month. I used to work in a clinic.
    nicholeluvslucy

Answer by nicholeluvslucy at 2:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Uhm, my friend lost her baby because she ws taking birthcontrol while she was pregnant....
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 9:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2008