My mother had preclampcia and...

I also had it with my first pregnancy, but i was wonder if my mother had like 5 miscarriages and 2 stillborns am i at high risk for it. it scares me to think that and yes i know i have to talk with my doc about this i know i was just wanting opinion from people if you all went through your pregnancys like you mothers.

apeyhen

Asked by apeyhen at 11:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Good question. I'm going to say there is probably not a connection of miscarriages and stillborns from your mother to you, but I can't say for certain. I do know that my grandma had 2 miscarriages and hemmoraged really bad after my mom, and my mom had 3 healthy pregnancies.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My pregnancies are nothing like my mothers. I've had 2 miscariages. With my daughter I had high blood pressure and morning sickness. With this pregnancy I've had morning sickness and the end of it is totally different from the one with my daughter. My mom never had any morning sickness with either of her pregnancies and she never had miscariages either. The only thing that was similar is that with me her water broke and with my daughter my water broke before labor even started. I dont think that it passes down from mother to daughter but still let your doctor know anyway just in case.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my mother had it when i was born in 83 except they didnt call it that then..so when my pregnancy came around she didnt mention to be about it she just told me she had high blood pressure before i was born..ended up we both came close to dying with out pregnancies..i want other babies but im just to scared to risk it..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011