Hand foot and mouth diesease

has your kid ever had this? if so what was their symptoms?

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 11:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Health

• my son Logan and Haiden just had this about a month ago. Logan didn't want to eat his bottle at all he refused it and was very crabby with a low grade fever. Haiden didn't want to eat anything or even drink anything.
    I took them to the dr and they looked in each mouth and there was white dots on the back of their throat. there is no medicine they give, it just goes away on its own. Just push the fluids and rest they will get better
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My daughter did a long time ago. It's a virus. It goes away on it's own. I can't remember the symptoms!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Both of mine have had it as well. There will be little red dots on their hands and feet ( mostly by their fingers and toes) have them stick out their tounge, there might be sore looking dots or really whites spots. Refusing to eat or drink is common. Try milk for them to drink, and don't force foods.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My daughter had a version of it a few times. She had the ulcers inside her throat and mouth. VERY painfull
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• awww see my friends think thats what my dd had but idk she didnt have a fever and she didnt have mouth ulcers or even them around her mouth...she didnt have trouble with food but they are healing now so idk if i should still be worried...
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my son got this, i think. it came and went so quickly!
    we were on a road trip, and he was squirmy and whiny. when we got to our destination he had odd spots on his hands, and then i could watch them pop up on his feet, and then i did look in his mouth to see a few blisters. within hours there was not a trace of anything. it was quite odd!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My son had it around 18 months old.  White bumps or growth in his mouth.  He ate yogurt for a week, the doctor said feed him what he will eat that he had no way to treat it. 

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 10:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2011