I fell on my ankle 2 weeks ago in a basketball game and someone landed on it. Should I see the doctor?

I saw the trainer at the school I was playing at and he said it was a grade 1 sprain. I have still been playing sports about every other day and walking pretty good but it hurts to jump, bend it in certain ways and push on the tender spot. It is still bothering me and pops frequently. It isn't bruised and just slightly swollen. Do I need x-rays? or how do I make the pain go away?

kenzikay34

Asked by kenzikay34 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Health

• YES!!! You could have a hairline fracture and are making it worse.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Maybe. I sprain my ankle the same way. It got really swollen and when I went to the doctor they wrapped it up tight. They asked me if I wanted an x-ray and I said no. It healed fine. If you feel like it is not improving then go to the doctor.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If you can walk and such, you are probably fine. You are still using it, so it will take longer to heal. If you want peace of mind, go get an x-ray. But, with as much as you are using it, I think it will just take longer to heal. You are supposed to rest, and let it heal.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• get to your doctor before you really do some damage to it......
    dont be goofy,if you sprained it,you will do more crap to it by walking on it playing sports or anything else.....elivate it and call your doctor or just go to your doctor.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011