Yellow/green globs of discharge that looks like snot and is in a clump adult content

yellow/green globs of discharge that looks like snot and is in a clump, i am 38 weeks in 2 days ive had alot of this what is it? it has no blood or anything in it.

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 11:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Eww...it may infection. Go to your Dr.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• ive had tests done and everything came back normal no stds nothing no infection at all
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You may be losing some of your mucous plug, you can lose it little bits at a time, and it can continue to regenerate until you go into labor =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm going to say your mucus plug. With my daughter I started to lose it in pieces about 2 weeks before I went into labor and it was a green/yellowish color and there was never any blood. Not all women have bloody show when they lose their mucus plug. Just keep in mind that you may still have a week or 2 before you actually go into labor or it may start in the next few days.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• good luck sweetie......but i think it may be your plug....contact your OBGYN and see what he/she says.....but take it easy,relax,get some rest if at all possible.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I think its your plug.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sounds like your mucous plug. It can range in color and texture from a thick milky white consistency, to chunky and yellow/greenish and everywhere in between. Bloody show does not need to accompany the loss of your mucous plug.

With all three of mine, I lost my plug at least 4 weeks before birth and remained dilated 2-4 cm for several weeks. I *never* had bloody show with any of them.

Just because you;re losing your plug, does not mean labor is imminent. However, now would be a good time to go grocery shopping and make a whole bunch of frozen meals for the weeks following birth. Man, does it make life soooo much easier if someone can grab something and stick it in the oven!

GL and stay hydrated.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• mucus plug or yeast infection are my only thoughts.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• That's your mucus plug.
    CashsMama

Answer by CashsMama at 1:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011