No sex drive :( adult content

Ever since I've had my first child (ten months ago) I have absolutely no desire to have sex at all! It's definetly not my husbands fault at all. I've never had this problem, has anyone else had this problem, and what can I do to help this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• The truth is, you have switched from sex kitten mode to mommy mode. Your days are consumed with taking care of the needs of others. It's completely normal to feel that way.
    In fact some MEN have this happen where they don't want sex, because they can't think of the mother of their child as the same one who used to do those nasty filthy fun things to him! (Kind of like don't kiss my child with the same lips you put on my dick kind of thing!)
    Plan a date night- no kids, no worries, and not having sex is NOT an option. Stick to the plan no matter what. If you're like me you're a slow starter... I'm always like "No, no no", but once I'm there I always have a great time! The more sex you have, the more sex you'll want. So it will come back naturally!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• talk to your dr your hormone levels could of dropped dratically and they might can help you by giving you something to pick them back up..good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would suggest you talk to your doctor about it, as it could be your hormones are still not back in balance, it could be due to post partum issues. Being a new mom is tiring and sometimes it does take a toll on the sex life.
    Are you two still close with each other-- by that I mean hold hands, being affectionate (hug/kiss), or just snuggle up next to each other and watch tv. Being close with each is a way to stay connected to each other and show the other that you do love them and care.
    One thing that hubs and I did was we planned a 'date night' and had one of the grandmas watch baby for an afternoon, then we went out had a nice meal and then spent some 'us' time at home.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I had that problem too. You should seek couseling for it as soon as possible. I'm not saying this will happen to you but my husband left me because of the lack of sex. We went a year without having sex and he said that the lack of sex not only destroyed us sexually but our whole emotional way of connecting.
    Anonymous

• I wonder if you are having some post partum depression? How is your energy level and your mood? You might need to talk your MD to determine if you are depressed. Also are you exercising regularly? This can increase your endorphins and your sex drive! It's time to get back into the swing of things so to speak.
    SecondMom59

Answer by SecondMom59 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• As a matter of fact I take AD's for PPD, and my energy level is 0. Will this crap ever go away?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It's a health issue that can most likely be fixed. Your hormone levels are probably out of wack. Plus any other stress makes it easier to put of or not even think about sex. My husband is going through a similar situation where he's having health issues where his steroids have wiped out his entire sex drive.
    noteven1nce

Answer by noteven1nce at 12:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Get off the AD's, because that is KILLING your drive. Exercise is a huge help and helps FAR more than pills for depression. What also helps is fenugreek. Taking fenugreek extract daily actually boosts libido. Good luck!
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 1:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011