Any mothers with traveling husbands?

My husband recently got a job working in Alaska 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off and we live in Oklahoma. Apparently we're not the only family to do things this way so I was hoping to find some women who are familiar with this kind of thing.

noteven1nce

Asked by noteven1nce at 12:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• yes my dh has worked outta state for yrs..but at the moment i am with him in ga..we are from nc so if i were home it would be 8hrs away..he often goes alot farther..with it being summer break i was able to travel this time..i have done this for yrs and belive me its not easy...if you have any questions or worries or wanna chit chat just let me know
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• traveling.. yeah I guess the military counts as that.. home for a few months gone for a few..
    Anonymous

• My husband is an otr truck driver so he goes all over the continental US. We are expecting our first child so its tough on both of us.
    MrsErdos2011

Answer by MrsErdos2011 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My husbands in the army, we are currently stationed in NC. But we moved around too, we were in DC for 5 months, we went to Alaska too for a little while too.
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 12:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My husband has been doing that for 3 years now. He is gone 2 weeks at a time and home for a weekend and then gone for 2 weeks and so on...it really sucks. But it pays the bills, and we have tons of left over play money and money to put into savings. Its a rough job taking care of 3 kids all by myself 24/7, but im so used to it now that its kinda normal for us now not to have him around. He is in Canada right now...i live in Ohio. He goes to different states weekly. Hes an Engineer.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My fiance works for Schlumberger (oilfield). Travels alot. He works 22 on 6 off. We live in Oklahoma too! Where are you? I'm in central OK. You're gonna feel like a single mommy! It's tough, but he is out supporting us financially. Once we save up and buy a house he can get a different job and be home more.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm also in central OK. We are also planning on getting a house in AZ so maybe once he's worked for a year he can find a job closer to home. I'm grateful that I can stay at home with the kids and not have to work so there's not much complaining. We can't have it all.
    noteven1nce

Comment by noteven1nce (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yeah, SAHM's are very lucky to have all that time with their children. We aren't quite there for me to stay home so I work 40hr/week. I do love my job though. We said that if we ever have a second child I'd stay home then. He also needs to get insurance through his job before I quit because our son is carried on my insurance. You'll miss your hubby alot but it'll make the times he is home that much mroe special. it's also hard because you'll get used to him NOT being there and when he is, it throws off your schedule. Lol But again, you'll get used to it.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011