My husband is a jerk

So my husband and I have been married for a year and a half, we get along for a couple of days and then he says something to purposely make me upset. I just had a baby 3 weeks ago, and he will make comments like you still look pregnant or that I am scary looking. And then when I tell him I am unhappy because he makes me upset, he claims he is joking, but I don't think saying things like that is joking.

jerseyshorefan

Asked by jerseyshorefan at 12:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• tell him you don't find it funny he does that, to stop or you'll pack your things and leave.
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 12:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I usually say to talk to him, but you have. He IS being a jerk. I want to give you a hug. You just had a baby. He is being mean.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• He is being mean, if I were you I would say something mean back & hurt his feelings to see if he likes it give him a taste of his own medicine =)
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Jerk is kind of a nice word. He's a complete asshole. This is a time that he's supposed to be nurturing you as you recover, telling the mother of his child she's beautiful, especially considering the feat she's just accomplished, and staring in awe at his baby.
    WTF is wrong with him? Is he 14? He deserves an ass-kicking.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 1:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Hugs!!! I would ask him why he feels the need to make such comments, they are NOT funny they are rude and insensitive!!! I would also be a bit of a bitch and make some rude/smartass comments about his small dick or about his weight -- maybe then he will see just how much words can hurt, and hopefully he will stop. (if that does not work tell him that if he does not stop being rude he can pack up and get out!)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Thank you for all your advice. It really bugs me when he makes rude comments I don't find it joking. To me joking is saying something funny. Not commenting on their looks or weight.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• What a jackass!! You need to make sure- and not nicely- that he knows with no uncertainty- that he is verbally abusing you and you WILL NOT stand for it. Thats total BS. I want to reach thru the screen and punch his face in.
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sorry but dh sounds like an ass. of course you look pregnant you just had baby.... tell him to try and do what you just did and see how he looks. I would feed him ex-lax in cookies or something... teach him a lesson....lol.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 5:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• actually I don't think I look pregnant anymore I am already down to 105.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• me either
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 7:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2011