To shave or not to shave?

My DH comes from a culture that doesn't always shave (women) and has asked me not to shave however, I have told him it is quite different being of dark completion and having dark hair that blends in the being pail white with dark black/brown hair.... what would you do? What would you think if you sat next to someone who you could tell hair very hairy legs. LOL looking for a ladies point of view

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 12:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I would do exactly what I do now - Make ME comfortable. My DH couldn't care less if I shave or not. But even if he did, I do what makes me comfortable in my skin. If you aren't comfortable going without shaving, don't do it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• YIKES! would be my first op...ok jk jk i had a teacher in school that didnt shave and her legs looked like a mans and we totally bashed her..it was pretty nasty looking..i think each to their own but personally how in the world could you stand it with it being so hot outside..the winter may be a diff story lol good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm sorry but I would shave, I would tell your DH that you feel more comfortable shaving that you don't like to be hairy & it doesn't look right on a women to be so hairy. SHAVE! lol
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I shave because I like too and like the way my skin feels afterwards, not because of cultural pressure and bias. As to seeing a woman with hairy legs, I wouldn't care but I would notice. Not all cultural biases are escapable. I would notice if a man was completely hairless too.

But you could compromise. Shave and let it grow out until your uncomfortable, then shave. After a while you might not shave as often as you have before and just see it as something you really do just for yourself.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I find it gross but that is just me. I would shave.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• We have ladies who don't believe in shaving a lot in our town, and it's Dis-gust-ing.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 1:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'd keep shaving. I don't like the way I feel when I don't shave. You have to do what you want to do, what makes you comfortable.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I shave everything. I have very dark hair, so even with shaving daily, by the next morning I have what you would call a 5 o'clock shadow. I cannot stand hair anywhere, so I shave daily.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Maybe a compromise? In the winter when it's cold and you're wearing pants all the time anyway don't shave. But in the summer when it's hot and you're (assuming) wearing shorts a lot shave then?

I find it very hard to get time, inclination and energy to shave all together at the same time. So, I almost never shave in the winter, but do better in the summer.

In the end you should do what you are most comfortable doing.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If you do not feel comfortable than do not do it. He has to understand your point of veiw too.
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 1:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011