Have you lost a parent? My dad died..

My wonderful dad died on Monday. I was there with my mom, brother and sister.
He was an amazing man. My mom was a single mom of five kids all under the age 11. And my dad married her and became our dad. He loved us as his own and did a wonderful job raising us. He and my mom have been married 29 years and she is just broken now without him.
I am so sad, I am having a hard time remembering that other people are still living their lives as normal. The morning he died, I went and sat on the front step of his house and life continued around me. I saw a school bus and was just shocked that people were still going to school. I mean my dad had just died. I know in my brain that it only effects us who knew him, but my heart was just broken, how could people be doing such normal things.

Hug your parents if you still have them. One day you will wish you hugged them more.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 12:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• been there in your spot two months ago. It will be painful for awhile. Best wishes from a daughter that knows what it feels like...
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I lost my dad in January 2000 it was the day after his bday. It's hard some days are easier than others there is alot of depression involved and anger but hang in there it gets better as time passes soryy for your loss ;)
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Losing a parent is so hard. I am sorry to hear of your loss.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am so sorry to hear this. I know what you mean. I lost my wonderful dad also. I miss him so much. Father's day was tough. Hugs to you.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am so sorry...be thankful that he was surrounded by family and knew love in the last moments,...yes, it's hard. My dad was murdered 2 days after my 5th birthday..my mom got the call just after she had put my sister and I to bed.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am sorry for your loss. I lost my biodad in 92 and it was difficult.

Answer by gemgem at 12:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sorry for your loss. I lost my mom almost 3 yrs ago to cancer.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss.. My dad died when I was 18.. so about 7 years ago.♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss...thx for the advice ;) it's so true
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss. There are no magic words to make it better. I lost my dad 6 years ago, almost 7 now. I remember just being in a fog for a while. Thankfully my husband took care of getting us ready to go to the service and all the other stuff. The loss never goes away completely, but it will ease. Slowly, very slowly, I found myself smiling more at good memories and crying less. Soon I was only crying once in a while.

You are right about hugging them, and cherish all the memories and time spent together.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 1:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2011