What do you do if you have 2 kids but can only afford to send one to private pre school

Well that is our dilemma.my daughter is four and my son is three. Pre schools in the area are very expensive. My daughter goes to a very great pre school. I believe its the best one in my zip code abd she has learned so much. we spend $ 850 a month on get school. Its time for my don to enroll but we can't afford $ 1600 a month for preschool. I feel bad to take my daughter out of jet school and enroll her in another schoolthat may not be as good as her current school.so what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• See if you can work/volunteer for a discount or see if they offer discounts if you have more than one child enrolled.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• it's preschool...while it's just as important, you can probably find a good school for the both of them...they will not suffer b/c it's not private...find a private school that's cheaper and gives discounts for additional kids..
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Wait until your daughter starts regular school to start your son in the private pre-school.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't send either. There is no reason for any child to go to pre-school. You can teach them better at home and you can get them involved with other kids in play groups or something which are usually free...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I think I had a baby heart attack reading this...you spend 850 a month for preschool?!?!?! Holy....

I honestly do not get what the big deal is with people sending their kids to preshcool- why can't the parents teach the kids themselves? it isn't that hard to teach them to write their names and learn colors, shapes, letters, numbers and such

*I can feel the vote downs coming ; )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• @Sabrina...just an FYI there are private schools that require a child to test into at Kindergarten...if they are enrolled in the preschool, then they get first dibs...that's how it is where I live..while I agree with you on being the best teacher at home, there are some kids that would thrive being with other kids...I live in Las Vegas and there is NOTHING for little kids..I feel bad, b/c I know my daughter would absolutely LOVE preschool.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Send them both to a public.. and $850 a month for preschool is outrageous!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'd NEVER pay $850/month for pre school. I'd look for something I could afford to send both kids to. I paid $102/mo through the local park district, and it was a fabulous program. Do a GOOGLE search of preschools in your area.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Preschool can be helpful, but it is likely you will eventually regret giving an expensive perk to only one child (I can almost hear into the future when your teen DS is wanting to know why he was short changed).

I would find a preschool you can afford to send both of your kids to, and (meanwhile) set up regular play dates with kids at the premium preschool so your DD can keep in touch with them, and you (through their parents) can keep up with their activities/curriculum, and then provide what your new preschool may lack to your kids yourself. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You will pay alot more just because it is private. That's too much IMO.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2011