Anonymous anyone????

Okay I have a silly question for some.. Why do some people fill the need to post
anonymously when answering to questions? I mean it seems as if most of the people who post under anonymous tend to be much ruder.. So what do you gals think???

mom2hailie

Asked by mom2hailie at 11:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Because it gives them keyboard balls.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• it is easy to be mean when you are not face to face. I wish they would take the option away, because if you cannot show your face then chances are you shouldn't be answering.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 12:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I post anonymous 1/2 the time. I am not rude. I just don't care to reply to medical questions with my screen name.
    Anonymous

• See that is 1/2 and this is the other 1/2 LOL! (You just check that little button down there) Nothing wrong. It's just life.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I think it's more than being mean. I've seen plenty of posts on here where the anonymous option gave mamas the chance to open about some pretty touchy topics. If they hadn't had the anonymous option they very well could have been bashed or personally attacked for their personal opinion. I think it's a good feature, but definitely shouldn't be abused by using it as a tool just to be rude.
    nAfrenzy

Answer by nAfrenzy at 12:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Personally, if you ask a question and want a straight answer out in public, are you not going to get 1/2 of those questions answered by smart ass people. People need to realize this is the internet, internet is all about anonymousity. Take it or leave it. If you don't like responses by anonymous people, don't read them. Never go back and read posts after you have answered. YOU answered to help someone else out. Why go back.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• On the flip side of your post here... I was thinking, maybe cafemom needs to be set up more like a forum instead of this answer stuff.. That might cut down and make it more fun for people to respond to posts..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• LMAO @ keyboard balls!!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It is not just the ANON that can be mean, its people that are not anonymous too. I have seen this and I know you have too. I have answered anonymously because of the question itself BC of something that I have gone thru etc, but, I don't want anyone to know who I am. Its embarrassing. Sure, I could just not answer, but, if I know something first hand about what someone ask, I can answer honestly w/o anyone knowing who I am. Privacy is still intact. And on the flip side anons can also be extremely nice too, but no one ever says that.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• LOL 'firelass'
    maybe it makes tem feel better that no one knows who they are especially when they answer rudely to a question that would be one reason why....humm
    poobear5

Answer by poobear5 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2008