Why are you convinced that a two parent household is ALWAYS more stable than a one parent household?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 12:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• A two parent household is not more stable. One parent households can raise wonderful, stable children!!

I think the two parent household is more ideal in the sense that people believe a child learns some things from a mother and different things from a father. One parent can achieve this as well with a little extra work.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Obviously this question was not directed at me since I don't... but I don't understand that either. While I can see the benefit of a two parent home, there are fabulous single parents with tons of GREAT support. It is a silly assumption if you ask me...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Never is it "always" more stable, BUT I do believe that 2 loving parents, to split the responsibility and to teach and care for the chiden is ideal when possible. A child is always better off with a well rounded life!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm not convinced.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Hell to the no. I was raised by a single mother.. and she did an amazing job with my brother and me!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It's not. There are many cases where the child/children are much better off with one healthy parent then with 2 in an unstable relationship.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• it can be unstable or stable in both cases. I was raised by one parent and she made her best to make my life as stable as she could. Sometimes in my couple it's unstable too
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 1:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It's not always more stable, but looking at our population as a whole, they are more frequently stable. It's a statistic, so it won't have any meaningful relevance to individual households.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I was raised by my mother. A single parent can be very stable. However, so many single parents run around and date like a teenager, irregardless of their children. They give the good parents a very bad rep.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It is as long as both parents are working towards the common goals of the family as a whole.
    Anonymous