Sponge tip lip gloss applicators....does anyone else notice the omg did something die smell?

I have noticed that after a time regardless of brand is there a way you can get it NOT to do that or is just gonna do that no matter what? Is this just a me thing?

djavongirl

Asked by djavongirl at 1:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• you're not the only one.... thats why I don't use them anymore lol
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 1:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Elizabeth Arden lip products smell like crap too. My mom gives me all her lipsticks from because she can not stand the smell.....
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• okies I was wondering if it was just me.....Are the brush applicators better? I got one I really like it is a brush applicator I hope it doesn't do that
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• the only ones that i have found that dont have that smell after a while is bonne belle
    MrsErdos2011

Answer by MrsErdos2011 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• How long are you keeping them? Any of the applicators that go straight onto your mouth then back into the tube need to be replaced about once every three months or bacteria starts to take over. That might be why! I like the Avon glosses but it isn't exactly a "sponge" tip. They don't seem to have any scent that I've noticed though! The Mark ones are my favorite! www.youravon.com/dhullum if you want to see what I'm talking about by the tip. :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2011