How many of you....

have a child about to start school for the first time?
my 5 yr old is going to kindergarten in august and hes excited....im the one who is nervous!!!

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• All my kids are grown, but I'll never forget my son's 1st day going to School on the School Bus. He sat on the bus and waved, and " I "stood and cried." I said to myself, "What's wrong with this picture.?"
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• All 3 of my kids were excited until we got there are they realized they had to leave me. I on the other hand cried all the way home. My babies...
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I do.. so sad
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my son told me that he will be fine and that he wont be scared
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My son is almost 6 and is excited to start kindergarten in the fall. I am ready too (less sitter bills)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My youngest daughter starts kindergarten in the fall. She's child #4 of 5 so we're old hats at this. She's all excited and so am I. She just asked me if she gets to go to school tomorrow, lol. Yesterday was the last day of school for the older kids. She can't wait. I'm actually probably more excited than she is.
    Next year the kids will be in 6th (new middle school for her) 4th, 3rd and kindergarten. That leaves me at home with a 1yo. We all can't wait for the new changes (except maybe the oldest who doesn't want to go to middle school).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My son will be in 1st
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 8:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my son is now even more excited that he gets to go to school in a real school bus and he gets to come home on one too....he is so happy about that!! he met all his teachers and his principal,he met the bus driver of his bus and he saw where he will be....he cant wait...im excited but at the same time im scared/nervous....this will be the first time at school for him! he didnt go to preschool,hes never been away from me like this.....but on the other hand he will meet new kids,he will see the that not everyone is the same,he will be going to school with kids from different nationalities and he loves it!! im thankful for that because he will learn diversity....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My son will be going to 1st grade.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Both my kids cant start kindergarten until they are almost 6.. dang november bdays
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2011