What have you felt judged for lately?

I have seen a lot of judgemental comments on here since I joined. I have been judged for buying my kid name brand clothes/shoes, for limiting sweets, for my choice in discipline, and several others. I have seen people judged for some pretty crazy stuff.

Is there something that maybe you judge a little to harshly on? I have to say that I probably judge drug abusers a little to much. I have never done them...never even so much as smoked a cig...I don't really know how hard it is to quit.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in About CafeMom

• My Faith. I have been judged (on here ) for being a SAHM. I judge harshly when a woman admits to sleeping with another woman's husband knowingly.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree with pookie-being a SAHM.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Pookie....that gets to me too. Why do women do that to each other? Hell I boycotted a luncheon for someone because the girl had slept with my friends boyfriend....on my friends birthday no less.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I was judged because apparently I have gotten too many rings ... lol.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well being I am a smoker I get looks and judgments for that even though I don't smoke in the house nor smoke with my kids in the car (on most occations). But heres the way I see it. It does not phase me because at the end of the day I know my kids are fed first off and I know I purchased the food with my own money as well as everything they need. I don't care how others feel about me because it's my life and they are the one with the problem not me.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Luv - Did you know some states are working to pass laws that make it illegal to smoke with your kids in the car? That being said...,my dh is a smoker and he does not smoke around our dd. Smoking is legal and while it is a choice I never made I don't judge people for that..... Just illegal drugs....However, it does bother me when parents smoke around their kids or in their house with kids.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I judge others for judging too harshly or judging with out understanding the entire story. I get judged b/c I don't "look" like a typical "mom" I get judged b/c I am overweight.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I havent really felt like I have been judged on here recently..but in real life i've felt like I'm being judged here recently for a few things. For still nursing my 9 month old , for not working outside of the home and for not keeping a perfectly spotless house since I do not work outside the home. It bugs me..but I can't change the way others feel and think..as long as my dh and my kids are happy with me..I'm happy. (but it does bug me a little,lol)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My faith, my opinions on 'disorders', on 'kids today', on teen pregnancy, it actually could go on for awhile. I judge laziness in many ways too harshly.

This makes me think of what happened to me yesterday at the grocery store. DH & I come out, load our groc in the car and parked next to me is a man and his mother. This guy actually WAITED until we came out of the store to tell me that he didn't like my bumper sticker and that I should read his. I said, I can't see yours (I was in the car already), you'll have to tell me what it says. He told me and was basically trying to pick a fight/argue with me. I just couldn't believe he sat there waiting on us like prey or something. I'm like...you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine?? He just began laughing at me, started his car & left. I'm still puzzled at this today. He was judging us for our opinions and couldn't leave it alone?? Anyway, Good question.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• IDK, if I have been judged I am oblivious to it ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011