Big Babies.

How much did your baby weigh? Vaginally or by C-section? I have gestational diabetes, and I've been told I have a big 'ol boy in there, and his inducement date is July 9th, at 39 weeks. I'm scared I won't be able to have him naturally...

Squirellybur

Asked by Squirellybur at 1:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• First baby 7#12oz., second baby 8#9oz., 3d baby 9#15 1/2 oz. All born naturally and no inductions.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My son was born weighing 11 lbs. and 10 oz. I did not have GD but I did have to have him by c-section but that was because of MY body. Every one is different. My husband's grandmother gave birth to 5 kids all naturally and they weighed from 9 lbs to 13 lbs. I also would not allow them to induce at 39 weeks unless it is absolutely necessary.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• 9lbs 8oz. I was induced, they thought she was going to be even bigger than that...
    CashsMama

Answer by CashsMama at 1:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My biggest was 7lbs 10oz, I'm not sure I'd live through a 9 or 11 lb baby!! Kudos to you nanny and jeremys mom. That alone should make you women of the year ;) anyway...my sister found out she has GD too and I'm worried about her having a c section.I hope everythieverything goes well for you hun.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Most weomen with gestational diabetes are more likely to have a bigger baby. Its actually a condition known as macrasomia when a baby is born bigger than 8 lbs 13 oz. My daughter weighed 9 lbs 1 oz and I delivered vaginally with no complications. I just had an ultrasound for my 36 week check up and they told me that my son weighs about 7 lbs 10 oz right now and is measuring at 39 weeks gestation, so he is going to be a big baby. I still have 4 weeks to go lol. It really depends on the woman and if she can deliver a "big" baby vaginally or not. We are all built differently.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011