My lil guys tummy is hurting him :(

I don't know what the deal is? For about a month 2 year old son was pooping in the potty great and now for the past week or so he refuses to poop in the potty which obviously is making his poor tummy hurt. it was hurting him so bad last night i went ahead and did a suppository on him. He finally went after 15 min after doing the suppository and he was pretty backed up. What do i do? I have put a diaper on him and told him its okay if you need to poop in it and he refuses to do that too. Breaks my heart to see him so miserable. He eats a pretty high fiber diet so i am not sure what else I could be doing to help him :( Any suggestions?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Awww poor guy :( I'm not sure either
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Try rubbing his belly... put lots of lotion in your hands rub ur hands 2 gether to make it warm have ur baby lay down and start to slowly rub his belly I usually start from between the bottom of the rib cage and go downward to the pubic bone well right above it and continue til the lotion has dried or until child feels u can stop I know my kids like it when I rub their bellies. Or u can use a little baby oil too.
    Hope ur baby feels better soon GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If it really is the potty you can try a putting a special toy in the bathroom and he can only take it out if he goes poop. Or when he has to go but is fighting you give him a warm bath and a zippy cup of warm apple juice. The combination usually will make them go.
    Go
    MISSOCTOBER

Answer by MISSOCTOBER at 1:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• have you been to a doctor? just try to reassure him that hes ok:) good luck:)
    hopeful_mommy_

Answer by hopeful_mommy_ at 1:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my middle child would get really really hard poop i would grab her legs push then up to her tummy and bring them out and do that forward and reverse it did wonders and she would get iyt all out hope that helps
    22mommyof3girls

Answer by 22mommyof3girls at 2:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011