Is this normal for a 3 year old?

My son is 3 and lately he has been doing some....weird things. He will act like he is making out with my hand and he makes these sounds. He also will get on top of me and it looks like he is...humping me. I don't know where he is knowing to do this stuff. I don't make out with his father like that nor do we let him watch..nudity or sexual stuff on TV or anywhere.

Is this normal for him to be doing this? If so, how do I tell him to stop. We tell him no Noah, that is nasty but I feel we are not telling him correctly.

scastillo05

Asked by scastillo05 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not normal and he has to have learned it somewhere. It isn't built into us to do this automatically.
    Anonymous

• Chances are that it is nothing sexual for him. it is just like a silly-hug for him, and he has no clue how it is being seen or interpreted. LOL! Kids are so funny!

Next time he does it,. just pull him off. Say, "Just give me 1 real hug and 1 real kiss, silly bug." He'll get it.

:)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would try ignoring it see if it stops. If not I would talk to his Dr.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree with ImaginationMama. Just redirect it & don't make a big deal out of it. Ask him who does that too & see what he says.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• When he tries to kiss you like that, stop him and give him a kiss on the cheek and tell him to kiss your cheek and tell him that is how you kiss mommy. When he tries "humping" you, just move him off of you and tell him thats not okay. Ask him where he learned that from and see what he says. Try not to make too big of a deal about it because it might make him do it even more.
    Its normal behavior...IF they have seen it from somewhere..it normal for a 3 year old to mimic adult behaviors...but it is definitley a learned one..its not something he would just do instinctively...he's seen it from somewhere.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Redirect, for sure..but also think about where he could be exposed to such behavior. Who he is with, where, for how long. Just in case something is going on, you need to figure out who and what.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 1:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2011