Advice

How do I get myself motivated to do more workouts not that I am on my school break?

1sexymother

Asked by 1sexymother at 1:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Just do it. All you have to do is make the choice to get out of bed reguardless of how difficult it is and how cozy the bed is! lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 1:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Thanks. I really need to get my but up earlier now.
    1sexymother

Comment by 1sexymother (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• lol I have the same problem with motivation. It helps to keep a half dressed picture around of myself as well...lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 1:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If you are used to getting up early for work or school, keep doing it and use that time to workout. Perhaps pick a workout system that is a 60 or 90 day system where you feel motivated by the time frame and the "back to the grind" mentality. It's why I picked ChaLEAN Extreme for the summer, it's a 90 day 3 phase program by beachbody, just like P90X or TurboFire or Insanity (Insanity is 60 days)!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Get a full-length mirror, if you don't already have one (that sure motivate me) ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You have to create the motivation. You have to not allow yourself the choice to do it whether you wan to or not. Start small. If you have to get up early give yourself a time limit...if you get up and do what you have planned for 20 min, and feel like stopping, then you get to stop. Chances are good that you won't want to stop by then...you'll keep going.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011