Bed time

What is the best way to get your two year old to sleep in his own bed and go to bed at a goo time? (800)

1sexymother

Asked by 1sexymother at 1:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It would have been easier if he had been in his own bed from day 1. When my son was that age he went to bed at 8pm every night, no excuses. He has been a great sleeper since he was 3 months old. Repetition is key. Try reading to him before bed to help calm him down.
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 1:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Ya what Afrontz said Repetition. They may not like it but my 3 year old doesnt fight it anymore. She goes to bed when its her bedtime and I read her a book. Consistency.
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 1:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• consistency is the key, did he go to bed around 8 each day before, Reading a story, saying its' bed time and making it a fun ritual each night with either bath, lotioning up etc.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Set up a consistent, predictable bed time routine. Then, DO IT every night.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Does your child sleep in a toddler bed or the crib? My daughter wouldn't sleep good at all when she was in her crib and one morning she tried to climb out of it so my husband decided it was time to put her in a toddler bed. The first night she woke up but since then she's been sleeping all night. She goes to bed at about 9pm and now even sleeps later than she used to when she was in her crib. One average she would wake up around 6:30-7am when she was in her crib, now she sleeps as late as 9:30 some mornings.
    MrsWhite101610

Answer by MrsWhite101610 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My son goes to bed at 8pm every night. He is 2 1/2 and has had the same bedtime since he was 7 months old. We just always have the same routine starting at 7pm. Have a snack/milk, bath, brush teeth, read books, turn music on then turn lights off and go to sleep. He does well, but he also knows what to expect.
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i put my 20 month old son to bed between 8:30-9:30pm. most of the time he goes down for a nap between noon & 1 for about 2hrs. sometimes he doesnt take a nap.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011