can any tell me how to deal with a house full of girls. i have 5 girls

i have teenagers and they drive me nuts. they like to figth with each other. the ages r from 19-17-16-14-13 can some one tell how to deal with these girls

candi1968

Asked by candi1968 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, just remember that above all, you are the boss. Set limits. Make them do chores. The 19 year old hopefully has a job and is contributing to the family in some form?? Make sure the older ones know they are setting examples for the younger ones and if they don't follow rules, they can hit the road. Yes, I believe in tough love. LOL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Take choices away. We had 5 girls and 3 boys in my family. Fighting (with the parents knowledge of it) was NOT allowed. Simple as that. We were tossed outside, or made to sit quiet (age didn't matter), or go to our room until "we could be civil" as Mother put it. Kids are given WAY too many choices and options. Alot of parents forget that they are the adult, and spend too much time trying to be the friend.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Wow that is a LOT of girls. I have a house of boys, want to trade?? You can send me a couple of your girls if you want, I could use some back up!!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I have a house full of both! Calgon take me away! I think when they are this age a big thing is space...I would give each as much as possible. Things and friends become very important at this age, so each needs to be respectful of the others time and property. I would lay out punishments any time privacy or space is violated. I would also tell them although they do not have to like each other, they are sisters and they must always be respectful of each other.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have 4 girls. You have to let them know you are always the boss and demand respect at all times. Sometimes my girls say I am crazy because when one does not listen I can get very loud. They also have to respect eaxchothers space.
    nana39

Answer by nana39 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I know what you mean i have 5 boys they always fight, well the older two anyway i just can't wait until they grow up lol!!!
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008