Should i divorce him or ask for a break? adult content

I have been involved with my husband for almost 4 years. But have only been married for a year in July. I dint want to get married, I felt we weren't ready and we had issues the week before. And i despreatly wanted to call it off. But if I didn't marry him my daughter and I wouldn't have insurance since the medicade was bout to expire
I am not happy and I feel like I have two children. Now we are having sex issues. With having a child now we can't have se" when ever and my husband is having trouble with that in many ways. And i am not as easily aroused as I used to be and I am never just in the mood anymore and so he has to start it and he Is getting tired of it.

What should I do. I am a stay at home mom and have no job experience really. :/

mommyofemeli

Asked by mommyofemeli at 2:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't ask for a divorce or a break....sounds like what you two need is some serious alone time.
    Get a sitter and plan a weekend get away for just the two of you.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No, no, no - do not get divorced! Marriage is not easy (esp. with a young child) and you both need to work at it.

Please promise me you will give it your all, at least for the sake of your child.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You don't need to divorce him or take a break. These are the kinds of issues that arise in every marriage, and they have to be worked at and worked out. Happiness is found more in what one gives than in what she gives. Start looking for other ways to bring happiness to your husband other than just the physical. The sexual part will take care of itself when you get the rest of it right. There's much more to a good marriage than sex, and that's the part you need to begin to work on. There is much to be gained from studying and learning how to please your husband in ways that have nothing to do with sex. When you get those things going, the sex will never be a problem again!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am in your boat. I was not in the mood for sex after my hystermenty and would never do anything around the house. I have 3 girls and married for 10 years but going through a divorce since we just grew apart. I have not worked in 10 years and no skills but I will hit the work force to care for my kids. I would rather work hard that way then stay in a marriage neither of us really are happy in. Look into you heart and see what you see in the future for you and your family. If want to be together then fight for it. I do not then do not drag you and your husband farther along with marriage that one or the other does not want. Write any time you need and friend and I will write back. Follow your heart and no one elses.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• "rather in what she gets." Sorry I didn't proof read.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I always think that counseling is a great option.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Most important advice I can give you is communicate your feelings. Make sure he understands what you're feeling and make sure you give him a chance to tell his too.
    I am married to a man who is just now learning to communicate. We've had a lot of problems and even more recently. But as long as you both can tell each other everything, things can get fixed.
    Good luck to you!
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Bump
    Thanks for all the answers.
    mommyofemeli

Comment by mommyofemeli (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2011