Cooking?

I love, LOVE, to cook... we have a 3 month old adopted daughter we took custody of 2 days after she was born and we only had 2 days notice... all that to say we have been living on Stouffers and other freezer meals... when do you get back to being able to cook?

Do you?

MRMama

Asked by MRMama at 2:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• eh, things even out eventually.Baby will become a little more routine after awhile and you will learn when you can squeeze in cooking time,lol. good luck
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• what I always did when my son was a baby and will do after this one is born..... when my husband has a day off I would go in and start to prepare about 3-4 days of meals. As and example if I was making stirfry I would cut everything up and put it in baggies so it was just throw everything into the pan or if it was like lasagna I would literally get it totally ready except for throwing it in the oven. This would take me around 2 hours to get everything ready but it saved so much time when it became dinner time and it gave my husband a chance to bond with the baby without me being right there.
    mom2devin11005

Answer by mom2devin11005 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yes, things will calm down and you will be cooking again soon, but your menu will change, lol...I went from cooking fabulous fancy meals to chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, steamed broccoli, etc. etc. BORE-ing. Yawn.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Quick things like spaghetti and tacos will be your new best friend! :) One recipe I love is taco soup:

1 lb ground turkey or hamburger
    1 can corn
    1 can rotel
    2 cans beans-any you like(ex. red kidney and black)
    1 pkg ranch seasoning
    1pkg taco seasoning

Brown the meat with the taco seasoing and half the ranch packet. Meanwhile, toss the rest of the ingredients in a big pot or crock pot with rest of ranch seasoning. Let it simmer. When meat is done add it and let it simmer as long as you like. (the longer the better)You made need to add 1-2 cans of water to make it more soup like. Enjoy with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream. You can easily double or triple this recipe to freeze for lunches or DIY dinner nights.

Good luck with the new baby! Everything will get easier with time!! Congrats!!!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i love to cook as well and i was back up cooking before my daughter was two weeks old
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I was back to cooking normal meals a couple of times a week by the time baby was a week or two old, and back to full ("normal") cooking by 1-2 months. I found it easier to cook when they were younger than now when they're older.
    Anonymous