Have you noticed how many of the new summer dresses and tops are strapless?

Not being a member of the "itty bitty titty committee", I NEED a REAL bra with everything I wear. A strapless bra just doesn't do it. But I've seen a lot (and sadly, I do mean a LOT) of women, young and old, who are not flattered by strapless clothing.

confused

Are you seeing this trend in your dress shops and department stores too?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 2:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• MmmHmmm and the spaghetti strap dresses with no built in support. Us big breasted ladies typically have wide straps for support... It is hard to buy a nice summer dress with big boobs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I like straps even as a member of the itty bitty titty club. As a Mom period I think a strapless dress is a disaster waiting to happen! Don't get me wrong I don't want a granny dress but a nice tasteful strapped dress would be nice
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Ugh yes. I have huge boobies. It drives me crazy! I'm also HATING the racerback tanks! Has anyone found a GOOD bra to wear with these???? I can't stand bra straps hanging out....
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yes, seeing same thing here also. I am not huge but still need support. I have seen some ladies in those who are defintly not flattered by them.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 3:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am a DD and I do wear them. I have for many years. A lot. I get my convertible bras that have clear straps and convert to strapless as well. I get them from layne bryant. They have great support as well. I get tons of compliments, and I'm very comfortable.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I wear a 32DD or DDD. The only strapless bra that comes close to the support I want is the corset style, and those just doesn't have the comfort I want with a casual summer dress/top.

If there is enough skirt to cut a strip to make straps and still not have the dress be too short, I can do THAT; but I've seen very few busty or non-skinny women (or girls) that actually look good in strapless tops/dresses. The look (on real women) usually ends up either too sexy or it makes their upper body look too...fleshy...the "up top muffin top".
    ss_mom

Comment by ss_mom (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Small boobs don't look good in them either, as the leader of the committee I would know lol.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• ZOEJAINES MOMMA!!! I agree with you and razerbacks look awful with the straps haning out. What i did was went to walmart and spent 3 dollars on a package of 3 small plastic round things with two slots that you slide the straps through and they stay in the middle. They work awesome!
    babylove812

Answer by babylove812 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011