How do i fall back in love with my husband?

we have been together 4 years and married 2 years.we celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary this past may.it just feels like we are not as close as we use to be before when we first started dating.i love him,but don't really feel in love with him anymore.another thing is,he is a video game freak and spends most his time on the game instead of family time.i just want to be happy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Get away for the weekend just u too
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 2:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well you can do what I did and tell him you dont feel like you're in love anymore. When I told my DH that things turned around rather quickly and he really stepped up because he didn't want to lose me. My DH is also a video game freak...but I started getting into the games he plays (like call of duty: black ops) or we've found games we both enjoy like mario or donkey kong. But I suggest being honest with him...it may work out. Hope this helps!! :)
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• 1. Relationship difficulties may be painful but they represent the best chance you and your partner have to heal your insecurities and build a better relationship. Within each problem is an issue that both of you have, that is driving you apart - try to see problems as opportunities for improving the relationship. The trick is to find out what the emotional issue is at the heart of the problem.

2. Whenever you feel emotional pain in a relationship, resist the temptation to move away from your partner. This is the very time you need each other. Take courage and move towards your partner both physically and emotionally.

3. Communication about feelings and fears is what heals relationships. Always make this your objective. Try to find out what your partner is feeling. Expressing your own feelings with honesty and sensitivity will encourage your partner to do the same. Remember even bad behavior is a form of communication!
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 2:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• 4. Nobody can make you feeling anything that you are not already feeling subconsciously. It is hidden and unhealed emotional pain that is triggered by your partner's behavior. Be willing to gain emotional awareness, take responsibility and heal these insecurities. As Ghandi said - 'be the change you want to see in the world" - the same applies in our relationships.

5. Appreciate your partner for all their strengths, gifts and beauty - tell them and show them how much you love them. This is what you did when you fell in love with them, and it will work throughout your relationship. There is no reason that the 'Honeymoon' stage of a relationship cannot last forever.

2boys4momma

• 6. If you feel let down by your partner or feel that they are not giving you something important in the relationship, give them exactly the thing you are lacking. Almost magically they will then give you the same thing back!

7. Sex can be a beautiful celebration of love in a relationship - this is why we call it making love! Allow sex to move from a purely physical experience to one that is full of shared emotion - pour love into your partner as you have sex and make strong eye contact. If you have a spiritual belief, you can take sex to the highest Tantric level of physical, emotional and spiritual connection, where it feel like you become one with your partner.

2boys4momma

• 8. If you have had a row, apologize for any of your own bad behavior and recognize that your partner will also be feeling bad. Move towards them, forgive and re-connect as soon as you can. Start the meaningful communication about what lies at the heart of the argument.

9. If you are having really big problems in your relationship and you believe in a higher or spiritual power, then ask for help and guidance. In this way you will find the inspiration to work through the most tragic or painful situations. If you do not have a spiritual or religious belief, ask for help from your higher or intuitive mind.

10. Relationships fail because we allow a distance to appear between us and our partner. What we give in a relationship is what we receive. How much are you unconditionally giving to your partner? Give to your partner without any expectation of receiving THAT is the definition of LOVE, Regardless of what Holywood says!
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 2:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I had a point in my marriage that I hated everything about marriage and my husband.. several year period. Now I love him with everything in me. I dont know your personal stand but for me it was a matter of fervently praying for direction, knowing that love is a choice, and eliminating a few obstacles (ie guy friends that were way to close and I constantly compared my husband to) I realized in my case that I could choose to focus on all the negative and be upset or focus on the positive and grow. It most certainly was not always easy, but I can promise you it was worth it. On days it was hard, I would say choose to do the right thing and good things will come. For me staying in my marriage and honoring my husband (rather I thought he deserved it that day or not) was the right thing to do. Im so glad I did too.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• also.. just to add this, my original hurt started when i felt like i was competing with a playstation
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Play together, have fun together, be happy together for a moment and carry that moment in your heart.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• And the honeymoon stage will end. Always does. It's hormonally based, not emotionally based.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2011