How do you know when the love is no longer there? When it's time to call it quits? Or could it be that the anger is overshadowing the love?

momplus01

Asked by momplus01 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Have you tried therapy? individual and couple? I know how you feel, because I have a lot of anger and resentment toward my dh. He's been telling me for 9 years that he knows he has problems and that he will seek counseling and we'll go together. I started going, but without couple's therapy I can't change things by myself. But I think therapy is the way to go first to make sure you've given it all that is possible. Good luck.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Anger can easily overshadow love. The only way I know how to tell the difference is give it time.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• if there is still love calling it quits is not an option. i always think back to the first time i kissed my wife, the butterflies turned into warmth in my stomach. today its not exactly the same, i know my anger leads me into depression, but i'm working on that, and sometimes my wife supports me sometimes she doesn't. it's hard, but if we didn't love each other one of us would have left a long time ago.
    didra

Answer by didra at 5:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2011