Need help with my 3 year old

my 3 year old will have something next to her and scream cuz she wants me to get it for her and im normally on the other side of the room how should i handle this?

jayleelovemommy

Asked by jayleelovemommy at 2:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my 2 year old does the samething i tell her she is right there and tell her to pick it up and she will i think what they are doing is see how much they can get by with just tell her to pick it up and i bet she will
    morgansmom08129

Answer by morgansmom08129 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Ohhh, I just went through that with my DD. I would tell her to do it (then she screamed louder), so then I would walk over to her make her go over to the object and even control her hands with mine to make her get it herself. After a few times of that, she stopped.
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 2:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Ya I do what superclutz does
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 2:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i will have to try that cuz it drives me nuts when she does it
    jayleelovemommy

Comment by jayleelovemommy (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• What you do is lrt her scream , and tell fer when you are ready to ask me nicley for what you want i will get it and not till then, If you cant take the screaming turn up the t.v radio our go into a room where its not as loud... Because if you don`t stop now it will continue into her older ages,And she will think that is the normal way that she is supposed to get what she wants from you, AND  THEN NNEXT THING YOU KNOW  YOU WILL BE IN A PUBLIC PLACE GROCERY STORES EVERYWHERE,  Its got to stop now before its to late and if she ends up crying her self to sleep wait until she wakes up and ask her if she might be ready to ask youy politley what she wants...good luck...

mommysangel543

Answer by mommysangel543 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My daughter is 5. Half the time I tell her to ask me nice,and I will get it for her. The other half of the time, I tell her I am busy,and she is going to have to get it for herself. It depends on my mood,and how tired I think my daughter is. I dont want to get into a big ol' fight ...but I am not my daughters slave !
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 2:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011