What is one thing....

u wish you had for your baby, that you didnt have or went out and bought after a while

jenn660

Asked by jenn660 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• For the first two? Cloth diapers rather than sposies!

For the last one, nothing. We have everything we need!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• a swing!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3420756

A stationary entertainer like I linked above. I waited until my dd was about 10 months old before spending the money. I wish I would have bought it months sooner. It helped greatly when I needed to have a break from chasing her around. It also helped with her dexterity.
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 2:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• better baby monitor.. I bought the video monitor, it worked great but two yrs later when we had our second kid the monitor worked crappy.. you hear nothing but static when the volume is on but the video part of it still works fine.. then when we had our daughter someone gifted us the regular baby monitors so we could hear her while she was in her crib and we were at the other end of the house.. also my daughter turned out to be a tummy sleeper.. like NEVER on her back since day one and since doctors now a days say thats a big no no i was a wreck about letting her sleep that way.. so we bought a mat monitor that goes under the mattress and monitors the sound in her room as well as her breathing.. if she stops breathing for more then 20 seconds the thing alarms us.. its amazing!!!! i got a good nights sleep and my baby finally got one too!! if i could go back i wouldve just bought a better monitor combo to begin with!
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Just a comment here. My girls are 17 and 19 but...I was going through walmart the other day and ended up somehow in the baby section. I was really amazed at how things have progressed since my girls were little (what we had then that was top of the line etc). I just thought it was awesome that.....just when you thought things couldn't get much better, like when my girls were little,...things DID get better and better. The styles, the colors, the patterns, the extras on cribs, high chairs, swings, changing tables....I ended up spending about 20 min just walking thru 'looking'. Gosh, it almost makes you want to have another baby, OMG. I could smell the baby products too...I think I should stay away from there, LOL. I just think you gals are lucky today to have soooo many cool baby products...I'd go crazy buying stuff!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i also agree with the exersaucer/ walker statement.. If your child is born in the few months before christmas i would just hold off on registering for it though.. my son and daughter were born in october & november so i registered for all the baby things i needed in the begining and left the fun stuff like the exersaucer and walker for christmas gifts :]
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2011