How to get my kids to calm down today?

Anyone got any suggestions on activites? They're all rather hyperactive today, there's 6 of them, all under 8 and I'm pregnant and absolutely knackered. I've tried little sit down activites and watching a movie and it's hard to even make their lunches let alone run around with them as I normally do when they're like this and want to go out and do something fun. But today I really can't cope with this, anyone got any ideas on how to calm them down or a fun thing to do? Seriously ALL of them are hyper, and it's not likely they've had sugar or anything!

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 12:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• Buy some small gift items, candy, or whatever. Have them each do a chore for you to earn a prize. You don't know how many times I got my house cleaned this way. Keep them busy and have fun. If you want to make it bigger, give the winner of the most small items something big!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• If it is nice enough. Let them out side and run the energy out of them.

Answer by louise2 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Why aren't they outside playing like kids should be? Get rid of some energy through exercise.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I sent mine outside to play, jump on the trampoline...ofcourse they come back in every five minutes. I like pupmom's suggestion. I'm gonna have to try that today, cause mine are seriously hyped up today, too.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2008