Weird and TMI: Repost, please bump if you can't help :) adult content

When I went to 1st prenatal appointment the doctor said I had some sort or dead growth on my cervix. She was able to just remove it with no bleeding. Yesterday I had my 2nd prenatal appointment and kind of got an answer from the lab as to what it was. They said it is either extra uterine growth from this pregnancy that made its way out. Or most likely I was carrying twins and that one was not viable and my body expelled it. Has anyone even heard of this? This is my second pregnancy and I have never heard anything like this. But now I want to get all of the tests possible done. Really worried. The doctor seems to think every thing is just fine, and I know I should trust her. I'm just worried. I am currently 13 weeks along. Thanks for reading :)

Afrontz

Asked by Afrontz at 2:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I worked in OB office for 3 years and personally I have not heard of that, however, if your doctors is not worried about it you should not be either. What is it that worries you that you want more testing on?
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• The chance of genetic disorders because if it was a twin did something happen. I'm not to sure....
    Afrontz

Comment by Afrontz (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I heard of it. My aunt had the same thing. She miscarriage 4 times one of them being a twin, and the other twin that was lucky survived up until 5months and ended up passing away. what happened was the one twin that was sick in the beginning passed away around 8weeks gestation and my aunts body removed the baby on its own, she still went to the dr to check for other things wrong on the other baby and they said she was fine. when my aunt turned 5months prego with the other twin her cervix gave out. So she couldn't carry a baby full term. they stitched her up when she got prego the last time and that baby is now 11 years old.
    So yes i heard of it, not trying to scare u but i did hear about it, and if the dr thinks everything is fine then go with that
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 3:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Thanks, not great to hear but none the less important for me to know. Lets just hope everything is peachy :)
    Afrontz

Comment by Afrontz (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I havent heard of this but. it could possibly be the twin that didnt make it. In most cases women pregnant with twins dont know evenknow its twins (netime before baby passes) I have a few friends in my group on FB that had twins and by 8 or 9 weeks only had one baby. GL mama!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My aunt miscarried one of the twins she was carrying.. The other twin is a healthy, active, teenager LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Thanks for helping with a brighter opinion guys :) I'm not feeling any different than I did with my 1st pregnancy. I'm thinking happy thoughts. :)
    Afrontz

Comment by Afrontz (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yes, it happens and it doesn't mean the live twin won't be fine. Try not to freak about it too much--it is very similar to early miscarriages that people don't even realize they had. Some doctors think as many as 35% of all pregnancies are miscarried so early the woman never realizes it. Most of these miscarriages are due to a genetic accident resulting in an embryo that can't survive.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 2:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If they were identical twins and something genetic was wrong they both would have passed away. If your other twin is living chances are great that he/she is just fine.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 2:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• bumped !!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:23 AM on Jun. 23, 2011