What can be done

my childs father refuses to give our infant the formula the doctor has put her on. ive told him numerous times that she is on enfamil premium and he issits on goin tthe cheap way. he givess her soy formula spit up from similac and when i get her im giving her non soy formula. now she is gettting a stomach ache

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would stop letting him do the shopping!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• we arent together anymore
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• do you send formula with her when she visits him? I would probably do that..
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Explain to him the havoc it causes a little ones body being switched like that.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Take him to her Doc with you.... let the doc explain it!! Then Send the correct formula with him or keep her with you until the courts MAKE you send her for visitation. At that point you can get it court ordered that while he has her he must feed her what the doctor ordered!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Or maybe ask your doctor to write up something that says she may only have a specific kind...
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Crafty was reading my mind as i typed ;)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Give him the formula she needs to have. You do the shopping.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I've sent formula to him and doesn't use it. He has been to the doctor with me a couple of times. I've confronted him through text message with the formula. He thinks I'm stupid my daughter poop is hard like a rock for the first time she poops from being with him. He takes off the label for the formula so I won't question it I know enfamil doesn't come in a white bottle
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Don't he realize he is hurting the baby? It seems like he is really mad at you and taking it out on her. It seems crazy that even with providing the correct formula he continues to feed her the wrong formula that makes her ill. I would definitely bring this up in court. Its not fair to the child. And if he can't feed her the correct milk he shouldn't have her at all
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 3:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011