It's not only food that they want to to regulate, big surprise, huh? (sarcasm)

http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/22/feds-look-to-regulate-food-similar-to-tobacco-with-hopes-of-saving-money-on-health-care/

Just speculation on my part but I guess alcohol, will be next, we must all become responsible with all consumables that will cost the GVT more, for our health care.  (At least 30% of employers are not going to offer health care after 2014, so many will be forced onto the GVT plan.)  http://businessfinancemag.com/article/30-percent-employers-plan-cut-health-insurance-after-2014-0610

Obesity is a problem, no doubt but when has it ever been the GVT's purpose to tell us what we can eat, drink or legally smoke, for that matter?  After all, the GVT approved cigarettes way back when, especially since they were able to tax the sale and make money off of them.  Maybe they are going to renege on that but most likely, the money they make is more important, so they will just increase the taxes; if you can afford it, then probably you can smoke, eat and drink whatever you like but if you can't afford to pay the tax penalties, well, then too bad for you... I am not a smoker or drinker but I can see where this is leading, your thoughts? 

agentwanda

Asked by agentwanda at 2:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• As long as we the people continue to allow these power grabs, they will continue.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Nanny state USA
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• This is the cost of government health care.

When the government pays the doctor bills, the government feels it has a right to control how you take care of your body.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 3:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would be nice if people made healthy choices so they can live better lives. That is a choice they should be able to make. The Gov should stay out of my health care, my home and my life. Smaller Government is the only way we can maintain our freedoms. So many do want the Gov to solve all their problems and it only makes things worse. More personal responsiblity and less Gov.
    Anonymous

• Ummm....maybe someday it'll be illegal to be fat?
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 3:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Democrats want the government, they're getting government.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If the government was truly concerned about obesity they would stop subsidising the foods that make us fat. Over 90,000 products on our grocery store shelves contain soy & corn oils and beef byproducts and most contain all 3.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Huh, since when are cigs regulated? Do you mean that they are banned in some places? Do you mean smoking is regulated, because cigs are not. Alcohol will not be regulated there is to much money in it for those who might wish to regulate it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

Answer by meriana

I do believe we are very close to that being a fact, meriana... I guess we All will have to fit in the same box or else? Our individual rights are under siege and Carpy is right!

As long as we the people continue to allow these power grabs, they will continue.

Answer by Carpy

agentwanda

Comment by agentwanda (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Tnmom, absolutely!

This is the cost of government health care. When the government pays the doctor bills, the government feels it has a right to control how you take care of your body.

Answer by Dkhilly

Especially if GOV h/c is planning to make profits!

agentwanda

Comment by agentwanda (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2011