Have you had a job you hated, but had to work there because of finances?

I worked at a hotel and casino as a room attendant ( their way of putting a nice soon on maid) it was so hard cleaning 14-18 rooms a day. Pushing big carts with towels, tissue, bed sheets, cleaning supplies wore me out. I have a so much respect for those who work in that type of field ( of course police officers and soldiers too) have you worked some where you absolutely hated?

suzzanna

Asked by suzzanna at 2:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yeah... Wal-Mart Cashier.. 3 1/2 years.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 2:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• yes I had a job at a pizza place where I worked for a short time. 3 years at meijers in the produce dept. I stayed for the money but would have panic attacks before work. Finally just to much and had to quit. I have done hotel cleaning before and yes no a gamorous job but a job to cover the bills. To me honest work does not come easy. I hope that made since. Hang in there since some their is good days and bad days.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Oh I no longer work there. I couldn't take it anymore..
    suzzanna

Comment by suzzanna (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

•  A job I had to stay with was teaching for this private school in Chicago(I started in JUne and worked the summer camp before the start of the year). The pay was horrid, the hours and commute terrible, and the students were rough and disrespectful. The director was awful as well. I was very depressed, and would come home and just cry at the end of the day. I needed to stick with it, to get teaching experience, and have something to put on my resume. Well in October of that year, I got a job offer for a public school position, and I took it. I had no contract at that hell hole, so I just quit. I've never even put that place on my resume. My first teaching job is the public school I was hired to as far as I am concerned. This was back in 2005.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• yes walmart as a cashier but I absolutly hated it constantly trying not to step on the eggshells and you feel so much distrust like they watch your every move I had never stolen one thing from them including money and still..finally I had a nervous breakdown from working there and quit
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• um yes. thats been my life
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011