As an adult, have you ever talked to your parents about your sex life? If so, what was the nature of the conversation?

I've never gotten into the specifics with mine or anything, but after you've been with someone for a decade and had two children, I'm sure they've figured out you have sex, lol! I have mentioned to my dad that my daughter is the "sex police" and left it at that. After a several month dry spell, I told my mother that she needed to take my daughter for a couple hours so I could have some "alone time" with my SO. My grandma has made comments like "You guys must not be having much sex if you're still co-sleeping"

Is that pretty typical? Is there anyone that doesn't talk at all about it or that gets more extreme with the conversations?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My family is pretty open with sex and whatnot...your conversations are pretty normal as far as my family is concerned....IMO once you get pregnant all ideas of being pure have gone out the window, and your parents know you need your alone time with your spouse, they are parents too remember!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• LOL! My 18 year-old cousin was telling me this summer about how her father found out that she was having sex with her boyfriend and I was mortified! I said "I am married and have a son and as far as my father knows it was immaculate conception!" I don't think I'd ever mention something remotely sexual to my father. My mother knew when I started having sex and got me on the pill, besides that I can't imagine talking about it otherwise. Although...I don't really talk about it with anyone but by hubby. I guess I'm a little prudish that way.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• lol, ive never talked to either one of my parents about sex...the only thing my mom has ever said to me was make sure he uses a condom..and that was like 8 years ago when i was a rebellious teen and i got up and moved across the country to live with a guy..then when i found out i was pregnant 5 years ago, i was so embarrased becuz then my parents would know for sure that i was sexually active..and coming from a christian family, born and raised..that was tough!! all i was ever told was NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE...lol..i sure showed them!!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Our family is to open about sex. My yougest DD tells me thing. I would rather not know. But I don't want her to think she cant talk to me about everything so I let her tell me. I would rather know then not know. Me and my mom have talked about sexual things too.

Answer by louise2 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Nope, but they know I'm doing it since I have 2 kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• LOL funny story.. so my brother who is almost thirty and his fiance stayed at myparents house since they live about two hours away one night. Well the next day my brother told me they had sex ON my moms explorer.. not in it but on it (he couldn't remember the combination to get it) so i told my mom about it. Well a few weeks later we were all together and my mom said to erica (my brother fiance) Hey do you think you could give my car another polish?? SHE HAD NO IDEA WHAT SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT... and we were all laughing... and shes just confused and lost and she was like yeah you know... another polish... you and mikey... having sex.. on my car hood?! HER FACE WAS PRICELESS. But yeah were an open family!! =) Between my mom my brother and me..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yeah me and my mom have a pretty open relationship. She even asks my hubby for sex tips or advice for her and her boyfriend LMAO!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yep we are very open. I cant name all the things my mom and I have talked about. And as weird as it sounds she has talked to me about hers. My family is very open. My sister and I talk about it all the time. The places we have done it the craziest positions. Its not embarrassing at all.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• so far as im concerned, my parents had sex 4 times, thus having 4 bio kids. we arent very open that way. lol. so much that they know myself and my oldest sister have had sex (obviously, we have kids), but the middle sister will not tell my parents, cause she is the golden girl and she doesnt want to disappoint. shes been with her fiance 4 1/2 years,
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• me and my mother inlaw talk about everything from blow jobs to hand jobs. me and her are very close. the last talk we hade was kinda wierd but iam glade we can talk like friends.
    chadsgirl4

Answer by chadsgirl4 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2008