How do you deal....

with somebody you've been with for 10 years telling you that you are a terrible person and they've known for years that it wasn't right and they've been cheating on you for months? All I do is cry and I swear, if it wasn't for my kids, I'd want to die. How long does it take before it gets "better"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Hugs mama! You need to get yourself out of that toxic situation..
    I'm very sorry you were spoken to like that.
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Get the heck out of dodge. You deserve much better.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• He's only saying those things to you to try to justify in his own head what he has done.
    Go ahead and cry honey...grieve over the relationship as if it were a death.Then you begin to heal and move on from it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Don't believe things like that. Do YOU think you're a terrible person?? ( I doubt you really do believe that) Then focus on that and lift yourself up...lift your spirits and tell yourself that you deserve better than someone who would sink low enough to cheat on another person. Umm, that makes HIM a terrible person, not you. Focus on all your good & wonderful qualities, raise your spirits and confidence and get out of there or get him out!
    Life is too short to live so unhappily. That's what helped me. Just passing it along. My thinking helped me to stand taller and get down to changing my life when I went through my divorce. I toughened up!
    I hope you feel better...that's tough but it does get better , especially if you work on making it better.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• The day it will get better is the day you do something about it! If your staying because of the kids, don't you think they see how sad their mother is? Kids see so much more than you might think they do and what is this teaching them? I'll bet if you thought more of yourself, this wouldn't be acceptable! You deserve so much better and so do your kids! Life's too short to waste it on this low life!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011